Sona’s Antigen Rapid Saliva Test
The Sona Nanotech COVID-19 Saliva Lateral Flow Assay is an immunochromatographic assay for the qualitative detection of the spike protein antigen from SARS-CoV-2 in conveniently collected saliva specimens from individuals who are suspected of COVID-19.
- Less invasive than current nasopharyngeal testing methods
- Accessible and portable tool for Point-of-Care (POC) testing
- No analyzer required for reading results
- Results within 20 minutes
The test is ideal for use in a variety of scenarios, such as:
- Testing of individuals for whom nasopharyngeal methods are uncomfortable or not possible
- Children and the infirm
- Screening patients who may be ready for release from quarantine
- Determining the need for further testing/treatment in clinical/pharmacy settings and private long-term care facilities
Arlington Scientific Partnership
Sona have partnered with US-based Arlington Scientific Inc. (ASI), an in-vitro diagnostics developer, manufacturer and distributor, to bring Sona’s rapid saliva COVID-19 test to market. Under the terms of the agreement, Sona licenses the intellectual property for its rapid saliva COVID-19 test and ASI undertakes to secure an FDA Emergency Use Authorization (“EUA”) for point-of-care and at-home use for the test and any necessary associated activities, including medical ethics review board approval, the coordination and underwriting of US-based clinical and any other studies, and FDA EUA application submissions and follow-up. If an FDA EUA is granted, Arlington will coordinate manufacturing and distribution of the test in the U.S. exclusively on a profit-sharing basis by which it would also earn a share of any of Sona’s profits from international sales.